Hi everybody! Even though I haven’t posted in awhile, I’ve been busy here with writing and re-writing manuscripts. My readers only ever get to see the end product of my hard work, not all the time and effort that goes into each novel.
To help you get an idea of what an author’s life is like, I decided to participate in Author Life Month. Each day, participating authors are tweeting or posting on a specific topic. For a full list of the topics, check out this Instagram post.
You can keep up with my day-to-day posts by friending me on Facebook or following me on Twitter. To give you an idea of what you can expect, here are some sample posts:
- Day 1 – Your Books The Saint of San Francisco, The Rosary and the Badge, Noble’s Savior, Fair in Love, and Ocean of Secrets
- Day 2 – Author Photo The photo (above) was taken at a Titanic exhibit
- Day 4 – Your WIP My current work-in-progress is about a soldier with PTSD who is shipwrecked with a bunch of people, and they are pursued by drug dealers
- Day 5 – Where You Write I do my writing at home and at the local Argo Tea
- Day 8 – Awesome Moment Every moment has been awesome, especially the signings and hearing from the many people who support me, both authors and fans
To find more posts like mine, search for hashtag #authorlifemonth on your favorite social media!
Signing Ocean of Secrets
My signing for Ocean of Secrets was a big hit today! So many friends and fans came out to show their support. I actually sold out of my inventory, but you can still purchase your copy of Ocean of Secrets from Dreamspinner Press, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Kobo or other fine retailers.
A big thank you to Stella’s Diner for hosting the signing and putting together such a nice assortment of hors d’oeuvres! My guests got an elegant taste of high tea aboard the Titanic.
My publicity for Ocean of Secrets continues with a guest blog post on the Dreamspinner Press blog! Click here to read about some of the factors that inspired me to write Ocean of Secrets. I also talk about a common scam that took place on ocean liners; this scam became a major plot thread in Ocean of Secrets.
Tomorrow, those of you in the Chicago area will have the opportunity to purchase a signed copy of my book. I am hosting an afternoon tea and signing at Stella’s Diner from 3pm through 6pm. The hor d’oeuvres will be inspired by tea time aboard ships like the Titanic, and there will be a very special Titanic-related artifact on display! You don’t want to miss this….