Hi everybody! Even though I haven’t posted in awhile, I’ve been busy here with writing and re-writing manuscripts. My readers only ever get to see the end product of my hard work, not all the time and effort that goes into each novel.
To help you get an idea of what an author’s life is like, I decided to participate in Author Life Month. Each day, participating authors are tweeting or posting on a specific topic. For a full list of the topics, check out this Instagram post.
You can keep up with my day-to-day posts by friending me on Facebook or following me on Twitter. To give you an idea of what you can expect, here are some sample posts:
- Day 1 – Your Books The Saint of San Francisco, The Rosary and the Badge, Noble’s Savior, Fair in Love, and Ocean of Secrets
- Day 2 – Author Photo The photo (above) was taken at a Titanic exhibit
- Day 4 – Your WIP My current work-in-progress is about a soldier with PTSD who is shipwrecked with a bunch of people, and they are pursued by drug dealers
- Day 5 – Where You Write I do my writing at home and at the local Argo Tea
- Day 8 – Awesome Moment Every moment has been awesome, especially the signings and hearing from the many people who support me, both authors and fans
To find more posts like mine, search for hashtag #authorlifemonth on your favorite social media!
The excellent LGBTQ web source, Rainbow Book Reviews, has added me to their esteemed Authors Page. You can read my new profile here. They also conducted a fun interview with me, which you can read here. We talk about everything from character development to past lives! There is also a little teaser for my next novel, which will be released in the Spring.
In other news, Fair in Love has been nominated by Goodreads contributors for Best M/M Book Covers of 2015! The cover design has been getting lots of positive attention, but the nomination is definitely the highest honor so far. As of this posting, my book ranks at number 58 out of 101. If you are a member of Goodreads and appreciated the cover design, please consider casting your vote for Fair in Love!
I had a happy accident last weekend! Some friends and I met the members of the band, Nu-Blu. We happened to be eating at the same restaurant on Sunday night.
We noticed them right away when they sat down, but it wasn’t until we saw their tour bus outside the restaurant that we were able to confirm their identities.
The musicians proved to be a very friendly bunch. They were kind enough to take this photo with us in the restaurant parking lot. They said they were in town for the Frankfort Bluegrass festival, which took place this past weekend.
I couldn’t help but wonder what my character Travis McAllan would think if he were to meet these folks. I think he would be a fan….