Hi everybody! Even though I haven’t posted in awhile, I’ve been busy here with writing and re-writing manuscripts. My readers only ever get to see the end product of my hard work, not all the time and effort that goes into each novel.
To help you get an idea of what an author’s life is like, I decided to participate in Author Life Month. Each day, participating authors are tweeting or posting on a specific topic. For a full list of the topics, check out this Instagram post.
You can keep up with my day-to-day posts by friending me on Facebook or following me on Twitter. To give you an idea of what you can expect, here are some sample posts:
- Day 1 – Your Books The Saint of San Francisco, The Rosary and the Badge, Noble’s Savior, Fair in Love, and Ocean of Secrets
- Day 2 – Author Photo The photo (above) was taken at a Titanic exhibit
- Day 4 – Your WIP My current work-in-progress is about a soldier with PTSD who is shipwrecked with a bunch of people, and they are pursued by drug dealers
- Day 5 – Where You Write I do my writing at home and at the local Argo Tea
- Day 8 – Awesome Moment Every moment has been awesome, especially the signings and hearing from the many people who support me, both authors and fans
To find more posts like mine, search for hashtag #authorlifemonth on your favorite social media!
In her balanced Top 2 Bottom review, Gabbi praises my “real knack for writing compelling characters”, and says that Ocean of Secrets “will definitely please those readers who love anything Titanic….” Thanks, Gabbi!
The Top 2 Bottom review joins a host of generally positive reviews for Ocean of Secrets. It is very encouraging to get this much validation right out of the gate! I have written about other Ocean of Secrets reviews in previous posts, but here they are for your convenience:
- Convergence Book Reviews: “…an excellent twist on…historical romances”, with “many layers to sort through….”
- Divine Magazine: “…I had high expectations for this story…. It didn’t disappoint…. Overall, a stunning presentation of a realistic snapshot into history.”
- Bike Book Reviews: “…the book lived up to my expectations and then some! … The sparks between these two are insane, and the chemistry electric…. This book is amazing! There are so many surprises and oh my goodness moments that you will be riveted from cover to cover!”
For an archive of reviews for my other titles, as well as interviews and more, take a look at my Links page! You can see what the reviewers had to say about The Saint of San Francisco, The Rosary and the Badge, Noble’s Savior, and Fair in Love.
Signing Ocean of Secrets
My signing for Ocean of Secrets was a big hit today! So many friends and fans came out to show their support. I actually sold out of my inventory, but you can still purchase your copy of Ocean of Secrets from Dreamspinner Press, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Kobo or other fine retailers.
A big thank you to Stella’s Diner for hosting the signing and putting together such a nice assortment of hors d’oeuvres! My guests got an elegant taste of high tea aboard the Titanic.